Wednesday 30 May 2012

Stinging Nettle Tea update, and progress

Well it's been quite a while since my last update, for me. Just life getting in the way.

I have been keeping on top of the gardening, but the time to write up and upload pictures onto the blog just hasn't been forthcoming.

This is one of those things as a Part Time Homesteader, as you have to prioritise your time and, obviously with the weather we've been having, getting round and watering all the plants is far more important while it is so hot.

Anyway, I have been taking photographs over the last few days and this is just a quick update about a few things I wanted to get out as they're starting to get very passe now.

First of all, I don't know if the Stinging Nettle Tea worked on not, but GOD DAMN it smelt FOUL so I had to get rid (it was effecting the use of the garden with the stench)

Mmmmm stinky water with stinky stinging nettles in it.

Oh well, you live and learn.

The Thyme is showing through nicely (this is a couple of days old so they're even better now).

The Basil is coming through even better.

I'm up to three tyres on the potatoes now. I've now run out so if anyone has any knackered tyres they're not using....?

The main bed potatoes are growing really well too, and I'm having to earth them up every couple of days. This is taking the most time of everything (including having to water all the tomatoes)

The Cabbage really is ready for "pricking out" now; thinning the seedlings so only the strongest remains, at a good separation for maximum growth per plant.

So that is my very quick update; I have another couple of blogs in the pipeline so I will update again later today probably.

Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment