Tuesday 4 September 2012

Sweetcorn, Cabbage and Ripening Tomatoes

Another update update today, this time about the sweetcorn, cabbage and some more tomatoes.

The sweetcorn does look like it is coming on really well, to be fair, but I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is good or bad - I had expected some cobs to have developed by now.

A close up of the tip of one of my sweetcorn plants

The sweetcorn bed

The cabbage has come on very well, and is now ready for harvesting and eating. This weekend I will be planning a meal which will enable me to taste it, finally.

The sweetcorn bed; the wet weather has once again stalled my grass-cutting habit, which is frustrating.

I have also been very excited to notice, following my hopeful blog of the previous days, that the outside tomatoes appear to be starting to turn :)

A little bit of colour starting to show on some of the outside tomatoes.

However, while I was looking over the tomatoes I notices that some bug has managed to get a taste before me! How rude!


A couple of shots of the pre-munched tomato.

So, that is it for now. Be back soon I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment