For the last few weeks I have been looking at the larger Self Watering Planters which I made out of the large water bottles and have been dissatisfied with how they were performing. Not only was the volume available for the roots not quite as large as I wanted, but the reservoir kept drying out in a single day.
I think that the seal between the top and bottom was not great which caused evaporation to occur.
The other irritation was the cane I was using to provide support kept falling over and finally, actually watering into the reservoir was being difficult so I was having to waterlog the soil and hope it dripped through.
So, all in all, these were not working out for me and today, with the nice weather, I finally decided I'd had enough so I change the pots.
So, without any further ado, here is the blog...
Next a short update on the Potatoes as blogged about yesterday :)
So there you are, a quick update, but it has felt good to get things done today, in the sun.